background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Someone's knocking on the door...


The Labyrinth of SL and RL had me caught within it's trappings for months on end. But even a long labyrinth has an exit or an intermission. Thus here I am again talking about some of my findings in sl. First and foremost, I have realized that to me sl and rl fashion is not just about the names of the designers but about what they design. Not every darling designer is one that I adore. Many times, I buy their pieces and then end up never wearing them. So I have learned that much like rl, there are some pieces that are just, "NOES!!!!!!!!!". Just because Chanel is Chanel does not mean that all of the new designs are great, sometimes one must wonder, "What were they thinking?" when you see some pieces. So here is a look I did come up with today. It is relatively simple, I often times am elaborate and I have realized that simplicity is sometimes the key to a great look. It is also summery and ultimately is a great look for a summer resort outing in sl. Or just an idea to wear for rl.

The design of the skirt is relatively simple in mind. It is a somewhat pleated white and red skirt with a simple gray tank and a gold chain necklace. The hair is long and shows the amazing breeze in the beach, and the flip flops are gold. The bag is a somewhat odd combination of an older gingham bag that was lying around in the house. See simplicity is key in this look. Not too many layers of clothes and just one necklace. No overuse of color except on the skirt.

Or a Mexican Riviera holiday, what do you think? Tableau was a great sim to have the images taken it. I have so many wonderful pictures from that sim.


The List:
Skin- Slasher 4 from Fashionably Dead
Lashes: Pididdle
Hair- Clawtooth Easy Breezy (Sunset)
Nails: TB Nail Polish (Tragic)
Tank: TB Loose Tank (Grey)
Skirt: LaViere Long Skirt (Red Stripes)
Necklace: (Yummy) Chained Heart Necklace
Flip Flops: Surf Couture - Freedom Flops (Gold)

Tunes:
Friendly Fires- Jump in the Pool
Chapterhouse- Something More
British Sea Power - No Lucifer
Arcade Fire- Ready to Start
Beach Fossils- Daydream
Ariel Pinks Haunted Graffiti- Round and Round
Dead MAN's Bones- Pa Pa Power
Home Video - The Tundra




No comments:

Post a Comment